Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Waiting Game Series: Part IV

Love This
Girl.
My Emma Kate
She's Nine now, a third grader.
Creativity flows through her like an unstoppable force. Her imagination is constantly on the move.
If she sees a documentary on wildlife, she's plotting her next novel to include the things she's learned.
When she finds a random scrap of what I'd call trash, she identifies it as a dragon scale and tells me the story of how it came to be in our world.
Her preschool teacher once lovingly called her "little miss contrary", but I wonder if Mrs. Bird would recognize this agreeable little girl now.
She's taking Karate--Tae-kwan-do, actually, and I am amazed by her ferocity and earnestness. You'd think she'd eat any bad guy who came her way. And that's a good thing in my book...
Because as you can see:


at nine years old she is only half a head taller than her five year old brother. But this little lady never did catch on that she was little. She was made for bigger pants than she actually fills.
Anyone interested in hiring her as a personal guard can contact me directly. But I get first dibs on her in any dark alleys.









0 comments: