Saturday, March 15, 2008

News to Share

For those of you who may not yet know, Aaron and I are expecting one more Spragueling! Baby #5 will be here mid-October. We've been savoring the news for a month now, and we're very excited. Jared and Emma are pleasantly surprised, Thomas is clueless, and we are as happy as though this were our first. Life with FOUR is sometimes busy, always going, rarely at a lull. But it doesn't feel like chaos. I don't do well with chaos. As huge as 5 may sound, it seems to me that adding one sweet, needy, snugly newborn baby couldn't possibly add any more stress or work than I am willing to deal with. I can't vouch for what later life will hold with a steady stream of teenagers and college students. But I do know so far that I haven't hit a kid-phase I don't like, so I have faith that for the next couple of decades we'll be enjoying parenting this not so little crew.
Love to you all! (and bite your tongue next time you want to make an "are those ALL yours?" comment to some poor mama in the grocery store. trust me, she's been hearing it ALL day, and it's just not cute after the 12th time! *wink*)

4 comments:

carizolli said...

I think that's absolutely wonderful Heather! Five is a great number :) I was raised with five siblings and I loved my big family!

I'm also utterly jealous! I wanted at least 4 kids but the hubs doesn't even want one more! *hmph* we'll see who wins that argument!

Anonymous said...

You know how thrilled I was to hear your (our) news! I was thinking of course that five isn't are really Round number. Six really works better :):) You know, six divides into a dozen (eggs, donuts, ets)much better! I love being a Granny!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! I'm excited for you guys. Babies are wonderful.

carizolli said...

HEATHER - I was just wondering how you're feeling. Give us an update if you can. >>>hugs<<<