We did indeed have the mother of all thunderstorms, and Thomas and I stood at the window to watched in awe as the rain cascaded off the roof. It cleared up enough to go out for half an hour again after Jared and Em came home from school. We played ourselves out and had a pretty easy bedtime. Jared and I curled up on my bed to read Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and talk about his 3rd grade book club book, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. As Aaron and I scuttled around trying to catch up on housework and laundry we kept peeking in on the Spraguelings as they drifted off. Finley, of course, was the first to crash:7:30. Emma fell asleep with her book propped up on her bed:8:40. Jared was asleep soon after his head hit the pillow: 9:30. Thomas lingered on for eternity, but didn't torture us with the marathon get-out-of bed, go-potty-put-the-undies-on, need-a-kiss-tuck-me-in bit. (It's very cute and sweet, but he goes to bed at 8, and by 10:30 it's just not very endearing anymore.) He just laid in his bed waggling his legs in the air until they got too tired to hold up, and he dropped them down and was instantly out: 10:00. So, as any mother happy to have her largish brood sleeping sweetly might do, I took pictures.

3 comments:
Heather - I'm glad you got some underwear on Thomas... hehehe.
And once again, you have proven that you have much grace with your children! If one of mine consistently got up out of bed for even 1 hour after bedtime I would be bald. Something about that after-the-kids-are-in-bed-before-I-hit-the-hay time I just love.
Heather, my heart was so touched by not only your words, but the pictures and the Music was an awesome touch! I am so proud of you and what a wonderful mother, wife and person you are. I love you.
Mom
*awe* sweet sleeping children! What's better? Honestly!
Post a Comment