Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Front Porch Sittin'


We're supposed to get the mother of all Thunderstorms this afternoon, so we spent an hour outside this morning while the weather was still fine. Thomas gathered "treasure rocks" in his red wagon and filled his green bucket with water, dirt, leaves, and flowers to make "soup". Finley pushed her little walker, then her push bike, then the wagon. She loves walking but is frustrated to have to hold on to something, so 3/4 of my photos were of her angry frustrated cry. My poor, determined little girl. Her happiest time was spent pushing Thomas on the little red pushbike. I was impressed with how aware he was of his baby sister. He was careful not to pull her off her feet, kept looking behind him to see her grin, and called encouragement continually. I'm pretty proud of the kind of brother my Thomas is. I didn't really get to see that kind of cooperative play with Jared and Emma, and I love seeing these two be such good friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I especially love the pic of Thomas kissing Finley's head. Big brothers are the best, when they aren't tormenting their little sisters >:(

Anonymous said...

I loved all of those pictures! Aren't they both just so adorable! And, I am not in the least biased.
I'm wondering if you had the storm? We had SNOW in New Mexico yesterday morning and I thought of my Florida babies!
Love, Grannie

carizolli said...

Sweet sweet pictures. I love Finley's little chubba legs *awe*

And what a good brother Thomas is! That's awesome!