One big task down. Garage sale...check. And now one less thing to think about. Big stuff is out of my way, and it's on to the next thing. Getting the house ready to go on the market in one week. Organizing a work party for next Saturday to get the exterior painted. Getting the outside pressure washed, patched, scrape wood, tape, yadda yadda yadda. Pack furniture into PODS, paint kitchen cabinets and walls, paint doors, touch-up paint, minor little repairs, fix the garage door, refinish the front door, lay toe moulding, yadda yadda yadda. Wash windows, scrub floors, caulk cracks, mow lawns, yadda yadda yadda. All in a week. That's the goal anyway. There are four little Spraguelings who still need to eat, wear clean clothes, bathe, and enjoy a fairly reasonable level of supervision. So I figure now's the time to decide if I want to be overwhelmed, or just see how Xena-Warrior-Princess I can be...you know, flex my muscles and dance around with my dukes up chanting, "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee." For tonight I'm going to soak my overworked body in a hot bath, eat the two remaining oreo cookies, read some Twilight (fantastic read, so far). Tomorrow I'll give the Spraguelings some overdue and much deserved playtime and attention, and spend a few quiet moments devising my wicked awesome plan for how to accomplish what seems impossible. Every impossible feat needs a wicked awesome plan for pulling it off, right? So stay tuned this week to see the magic materialize before your very eyes...ooh, aaah, float like a butterfly--sting like a bee! (*wink*)
Saturday, July 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Heather, what can I say...you are my HERO! I seriously don't know how you are handling being there all by yourself, pregnant, without Aaron, with 4 other kids...*sigh* You already are Xena-warrior-princess! Good luck with everything, can't wait to see how your amazing plan for completing everything turns out.
Wow! You are amazing. My days seem less busy just reading about yours. Your words give me strength to make more of my days, and to complain less about the little stuff. Thank you for sharing you wonderful, fulfilling life with the rest of us. Please let AJ or I know if their is anyhting we can do to help :o)
Uh-oh - did "whelmed" turn into "overwhelmed"? It's been a couple days since you posted...after a steady stream of new posts. I hope everything is going well for you.
P.S. I can't tell you how excited I am that you're reading Twilight! We'll have to set a date to see the movie together in December *squeals* because you'll be HERE and we can actually do things like that!
Post a Comment