Thursday, April 12, 2007

Disney Days



With four small children running around "the Happiest Place on Earth" we snapped surprisingly few photos. I suppose we were too occupied with living in the moment to actually capture many moments on camera. The few attempts I did make came out blurry at best. The highlights of our days at Disney didn't get any film time at all. But if a picture is worth a thousand words, then perhaps a few hundred words can sketch out a memory. So without further ado, here are the 2007 Sprague Family Disney World Highlights:
*First of all, an honorable mention to our littlests Lady, who spent her first trip to the Magic Kingdom napping in the stroller. Finley was kind enough to go long stretches between nursing, and just hunker right back down to sleep for all of our first day.


*We rode the ferry over the first day and everyone huddled at the window to keep warm in the cool wind while we eagerly awaited the first glimpse.


*A few moments after we walked into the park, Cinderella's castle came into view and Emma was all of a dither. I scooped her up and we hurried to the castle gates right away. She kept asking, "Where are the princesses, Mom? Where are they?" Thomas, Emma and I rode the Carousel in Cinderella's court.



*Jared took Aaron and I on the Big Kid Rides: Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain. We all screamed like little girls.

*On day two I got to take Thomas on the Buzz Lightyear Ride. Twice.

*Thanks to Grandma's persistence, we got to eat lunch with our friends from the Hundred Acre Woods. When Pooh and Tigger came by our table to see the kids Jared tried his best to duck out of the photo, but Pooh Bear just wouldn't have it! Thomas was obviously in love with the fluffy fellas. He was so excited he could hardly eat his mac-n-cheese.
I love having small children, who want to ride rides with me and show me all the wonder the Disney crew can contrive. Later in life it'll be thrill rides and music concerts, but right now it's Pooh and Princesses and Log Rides, and I hope these years pass very slowly.


0 comments: