Monday, April 02, 2007

Ahh-laav-ooh


As much as I love nap time, it's the few minutes right before I put Thomas down that I love the most. Those minutes are usually filled with a few renditions of "Balls Balls Game" (more commonly known as "Take Me Out to the Ball Game") and Tommy always sings along, making my heart just want to squeal. I bury my face in his silky hair and kiss his little head just behind his ear while he snuggles my shoulder. When he's calm and still, I ask him, "Ready for bed, or you want more snuggles?" He'll sit up and look at me saying, "Awan 'nuggle." Today, as I kissed his head for the 37Th time and whispered, "I love you", he sat up and said, "Ahh-laav-ooh." Every other problem, demand or detail in life just melts away, and I'm left with this little moment of genuine happiness. I tapped his nose, gave him butterfly kisses and mugga-muggas (Eskimo kisses), and by the time I laid him in bed with a "nigh-nigh mom" my love bucket was full. I'm amazed that no matter how much the demands of the day will tap out of me, these little ones have a way of making sure I don't run dry.



1 comments:

Regina said...

Don't you have the greatest job on earth! I love that you love what you are doing. I love you. Mom